- Here you will find -surprise- how much i liked or detested a piece of art, ranging from books to movies.- You can navigate more easily using the index (reviews +) above.
- Feel free to disagree of agree to anything that goes around here.- Lastly, beaware of spoilers!
- title: Inuyasha - p rating: PG - stars: - mood: - status: not finished
A teenage girl periodically travels back in time to feudal Japan to help a young half-demon recover the shards of a jewel of great power.
It's a very interesting plot, relying heavily on japonese culture and fiction that explores the traditional youkai (demon) and human relation on the past.
We see a lot of battles, adventure, all of this connecting to that underlying message of the anime- friendship, love and acceptance of the difference in others.
I cannot lie, I watched a big part of it just wanting to see the Sesshomaru scenes and I got lost in the SesshKag fandom.
It's a very compelling anime, a bit old, but it still rocks!
Nanami is left homeless after her father runs away due to debts. When she saves a man named Mikage from dogs, he gives her his house which turns out to be a shrine and she becomes the new deity.
this is the most perfect, incredible, tooth rotting, funny anime i've ever watched. i like it so much i could probably write an essay about my love for kamisama kiss.
the plot is from another world, the characters grownth is on point, the slow burn romance is at the perfect pacing and we see the care put on it.
is also very funny. its been a long time since i've seen it (2019) but i can say that it still holds a place of my heart.
the combination of historical fantasy, japanese religion and tales, cute romance and adventure is all we want right?
i cannot recommend it enough. if you still haven't watched, go!
Saiki Kusuo is a typical 16-year-old high school student. except he has psychic powers. He can use them to get whatever he wants, but he also knows everything that people are thinking. Everything. No surprises, no secrets, no normal human experiences. He has kept his powers in check since childhood, but with the temptations of high school now on his mind, he is bending the rules—and spoons.
this is a comedy centered around a guy with all the powers you can imagine.
is very silly, but at the end you can see the more serious parts (if they exist)
the episodes are each centered around a small plot, so is a light watch.
i can say that overall i enjoyed laughing until i cried everytime nendo appeared.
i also realized the importance of coffee.
this anime is the realization of the phrase: “With great power comes great responsibility”, but in a way less serious level.
A vampire hunter fights to save a besieged city from an army of otherworldly beasts controlled by Dracula himself. Inspired by the classic video games.
this is a feudal-fantasy setting where dracula is real and mad (and very handsome) .
the plot is interesting and the characters are very likable.
the animation and design are also on point.
but if you feel strongly about religious themes or gore, i suggest you don't watch it.
if you don't care about any of this, give it a go!
the ending was very good and left me satisfied. now i just have to watch the second season.
this is a comedy centered around retsuko, a red panda who's life problems and frustations are delt with singing heavy metal on karaokes.
is interest to see all the animals (characters) and how they represent certain things.
we as human beings can also relate to the protagonist most of the time, at work, school or just because someone was rude at traffic.
is a funny watch, but the plot moves a little slowly to my liking.
this is a comedy/thriller/crime/romance dorama about a girl with a strenght powers who wants to become a game developer.
its also about a love-triangle with a police officer childhood friend and her boss, that she saves and then becomes his body guard.
the romance is pretty cute, and the crime solving is also amazing.
it has blood, fighting, some assault and criminal activities. but it also has a lot of good comedy.
my favorite and first dorama so far.
- title: Daytime Star - stars: - link: (weebtoon page)
- genre: drama- status: finished - mood:
A struggling, no-name actress of seven years, Yura Hwang. She barely lands a minor role in a movie that’s bound to be a success.
A celebrity’s celebrity, Seunghyeon Kang, keeps running into Yura, who always seems to be shedding tears every time he comes across her.
As these two reunite in the new movie, “Time,” will Yura finally seize the moment to make her name known? And will Seunghyeon figure out why he can’t get Yura out of his mind? Only time will tell.
- genre: drama, romance- status: not finished - mood:
When Jiwon, a 37-year-old cancer patient, walks in on her husband and best friend, she realizes her whole life has been a lie.What’s worse, she dies a tragic death at the hands of her husband. Would things have been different if she had made different choices? Fortunately for Jiwon, she is given the chance to rewrite her fate when she is reincarnated as her younger self. This time, she vows to live a happy life. But first comes revenge. Her plan? To marry off her now former best friend to her lying, cheating husband.
- genre: drama- status: not finished - mood:
Mi-ae is just a normal middle school girl trying to survive school. She likes reading comics, the pop group “The Fire Boys”, and karaoke.One day, a boy she used to know transfers to her school and begins to stir up trouble. No matter what she does, it seems he just doesn’t appreciate her efforts to get to know him. What’s up with that?
- title: The Poppy War - p rating: R - AUTHOR: R. F. Kuang - stars: - mood: - status: not finished
this is a action-fantasy book about an orphan named rin, that looking to get out of her village, a unwanted marriage and to survive, enters the army academy of her nation.
The book explores the corruption of power, the lust for vengeance, and the darkest depths of humanity and savagery.
we see a child with fear of abandonment, cruel peers and weird teachers.
it also talks about strategy, religion, maturing, ethic, and genocide.
i enjoyed the first part of the book (where i am right now), but i know the second part will be gory-the war will start.
this is non-fictional/autobiography of frederick, a former slave who, because of a little education he received earlier in life, was capable of freeing himself and his wife and later, advocating for abolition of slavery on the US, mostly the south.the book encapsulates a lot of heavy themes, such as mutilation, racism, violence, sexual exploitation and overall-slavery. it is a deep dive on his life, without censure and with an overwhemeld frankness that slaps you in the face, forcing you to acknowledge the wisdom he pours on the pages. while i cannot say that it was a enjoyable reading in terms of lightness, it was a necessary one. it was an eye opener for me, and because of that i recomend it for everyone.
- title: The song of achilles - p rating: PG - AUTHOR: Madeline Miller -status: not started -Themes: LGBT, Historical Fiction, Romance, Mithology Achilles, "the best of all the Greeks," son of the cruel sea goddess Thetis and the legendary king Peleus, is strong, swift, and beautiful, irresistible to all who meet him. Patroclus is an awkward young prince, exiled from his homeland after an act of shocking violence. Brought together by chance, they forge an inseparable bond, despite risking the gods' wrath. They are trained by the centaur Chiron in the arts of war and medicine, but when word comes that Helen of Sparta has been kidnapped, all the heroes of Greece are called upon to lay siege to Troy in her name. Seduced by the promise of a glorious destiny, Achilles joins their cause, and torn between love and fear for his friend, Patroclus follows. Little do they know that the cruel Fates will test them both as never before and demand a terrible sacrifice.
- title: EPIC The Musical - AUTHOR: Jorge Rivera-Herrans -status: started -Themes: Historical Fiction, Adventure, War, Greek Mithology